Focussing on developing an efficient swim stroke with a balanced mix of pool and open water coached sessions complemented by seminars where you will be able to see how the elite swimmers and triathletes swim! You will leave the Clinic with all the information you need to develop your stroke to a new level.
The Clinics will:
- Start with your first swim session in the pool being individually filmed in High Definition video; this is followed with a group analysis session where your stroke is fully analysed to establish your baseline for the forthcoming swim sessions.
- Include pool sessions will be designed to provide you with the information and experience required to correct your stroke based on the analysis and will include how to breath correctly, improve your alignment in the water, hand entry and how to achieve the elusive catch to be fully effective.
- Provide open water sessions in the sea that will include beach and deep water starts, sighting, drafting, turning as well as being generally comfortable in open water.
- Provide swim specific core and functional strength sessions to help with your swim fitness and development.
- Contain a series of seminars that will complement the coached sessions; these will cover how to swim with an effective freestyle stroke, including different swim styles, Critical Swim Speed (CSS) and pace awareness for effective swim training, how you may need to adapt your stroke for open water swimming and strategies for race situations.
- Establish your CSS so that you have the basis for progressing your training when back home – and include the use of the Finis Tempo Trainer Pro in both the pace and stroke rate mode so that you can quickly develop.
- Finish the Clinic with your stroke being filmed again to see the improvements over the period of the Clinic.