These very popular long-weekend Swim Smooth Clinics focus on developing an efficient swim stroke and have a balanced mix of coached pool and open water sessions, swim strength and conditioning sessions and are complemented by seminars where you will be able to see how the elite swimmers and triathletes swim! You will leave the Clinic with all the information you need to develop your stroke to a new level.
Each Swim Camp will:
- Start with the first swim session in the pool for individual filming in High Definition video; this is followed with a group analysis session where your stroke is fully analysed to establish your baseline for the forthcoming swim sessions.
- Include pool sessions designed to provide you with the information and experience required to correct your stroke based on the analysis and will include how to breathe correctly, improve your alignment in the water, hand entry and how to achieve the elusive catch to be fully effective.
- Include open water sessions – in the sea or pool – covering how to be comfortable in open water as well as open water skills.
- Provide swim specific core and functional strength sessions to help with your swim fitness and development.
- Contain a series of seminars that will complement the coached sessions; these will cover how to swim with an effective freestyle stroke, including different swim styles, Critical Swim Speed (CSS) and pace awareness for effective swim training, how you may need to adapt your stroke for open water swimming and strategies for race situations.
- Advice on how to construct and develop an effective training strategy to continue your training when back home.